The massive momentum of commercial orders built up in the first two days of the Farnborough Airshow has begun to wind down, with just a comparative trickle of orders announced on day three.
- Air Mauritius has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to buy four Airbus A350-900s. The airline says the aircraft will be seen on Australian routes.
- Myanma Airways has signed a deal for six ATR 72-600s and has taken options on an additional six ATR 72-600s.
- Lessor Air lease Corporation (ALC) has ordered seven ATR 72-600s.
- China’s Hainan Airlines and Boeing have announced they are currently finalising terms for a purchase agreement for 50 Boeing 737 MAX 8s
- Algeria’s Air Algerie has ordered two Boeing 737-700Cs (Convertible).
- Qatar Airways has finalised a commitment it made at last year’s Dubai Airshow for 50 Boeing 777-9Xs, and has taken purchase rights on an additional 50 Boeing 777-9Xs.
- Qatar Airways has announced an intention to buy four Boeing 777F Freighters and to take options on four additional Boeing 777Fs.
- Lessor MG Aviation Limited has finalised an order to purchase two Boeing 787-9s.
- Bombardier has announced a “conditional order” for seven Bombardier CS300s and six CS300 purchase rights from an undisclosed “existing” customer.
- Bombardier has announced a Letter of Intent (LoI) has been signed by an undisclosed African customer to purchase five Bombardier CSeries airliners.
- Thailand’s Nok Air has converted purchase rights it was holding for two Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprops into firm orders.
25% off starts now! Australian Aviation magazine Cyber Monday sale is now live. Have the very best of Australian Aviation’s annual print and digital subscription. This includes every In Focus and Behind the Lens digital magazine, special coverage, exclusive photos and editions you may have miss. Subscribe now at australianaviation.com.au.
Start your very own aviation journey with Australian Aviation. Sign up today for as little as $49.95 and you’ll enjoy access to:
You can always rely on us to keep you in the know.
Join now and start enjoying all these benefits today.