Ten young adults aged 15 to 17 have been awarded with $2,500 flight scholarships by Airservices Australia.
The group was chosen from a field of about 50 applicants who had demonstrated an aptitude for flying and a commitment to aviation.
Airservices spokesperson Rob Walker said the annual scholarships offer a chance to develop basic aviation knowledge which could lead to a later career in military, commercial, general or recreational aviation.
“We hope these scholarships will encourage young flyers to become active, long-term members of the recreational aviation community and beyond,” Mr Walker said.
This year’s recipients are:
• Anastasia Millward, 16, George Town, Tasmania
• Jett Barnes, 15, Wurtulla, Queensland
• Cuan James, 16, Flagstaff Hill, South Australia
• Troy Finocchiaro, 16, Bayview, Northern Territory
• Henri Maxwell, 17, Avonside, New South Wales
• Jacob Fawkner, 17, Traralgon, Victoria
• Tristan Dinning, 16, Merino, Victoria
• Belinda Blades, 15, Gymea Bay, New South Wales
• Joshua Coate, 16, St Georges Basin, New South Wales
• Riley Schier, 15, Kempsey, New South Wales