Close sidebar

Embraer releases regional forecast

written by australianaviation.com.au | February 18, 2014
Embraer forecasts a market for 1,500 new 70-130 seat airliners in Asia-Pacific to 2034. (Embraer)
Embraer forecasts a market for 1,500 new 70-130 seat airliners in Asia-Pacific to 2034. (Embraer)

Brazilian manufacturer Embraer predicts the Asia Pacific region will require 1,500 new airliners in the 70 to 130-seat category in the next 20 years.

Released on the sidelines of last week’s Singapore Airshow, the forecast says the region will take about 20 per cent of the world’s regional airliner fleet to 2034. It says 65 per cent of those 1,500 aircraft will support growth in the market, with the remaining 35 per cent due to replace aircraft already in service.

“Passenger traffic in the Asia Pacific region is mostly composed by secondary markets with low and medium demand densities of up to 300 passengers daily each way,” Embraer Commercial Aviation CEO Paulo Cesar Silva said. “Some 60 per cent of those markets are not served nonstop, and around half of all markets served do not allow for same day return travel. Embraer E-Jets provide the capability to develop a better traffic feed system and greater network connectivity, as well as improving the quality of services on existing markets where there is not enough demand to support larger single aisle aircraft operations.”

Advertisement
Advertisement

Embraer says it has logged a global market share of 51 per cent of all orders and 62 per cent of deliveries in the 70-130-seat market category since 2004.

Fly into Spring with Australian Aviation’s latest print edition. Starting from $49.95 a year, you can read comprehensive coverage on all sectors of the industry to keep you in the loop. Get your hands on the subscription today. Subscribe now at australianaviation.com.au.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Embraer releases regional forecast

written by australianaviation.com.au | February 18, 2014
Embraer forecasts a market for 1,500 new 70-130 seat airliners in Asia-Pacific to 2034. (Embraer)
Embraer forecasts a market for 1,500 new 70-130 seat airliners in Asia-Pacific to 2034. (Embraer)

Brazilian manufacturer Embraer predicts the Asia Pacific region will require 1,500 new airliners in the 70 to 130-seat category in the next 20 years.

Released on the sidelines of last week’s Singapore Airshow, the forecast says the region will take about 20 per cent of the world’s regional airliner fleet to 2034. It says 65 per cent of those 1,500 aircraft will support growth in the market, with the remaining 35 per cent due to replace aircraft already in service.

“Passenger traffic in the Asia Pacific region is mostly composed by secondary markets with low and medium demand densities of up to 300 passengers daily each way,” Embraer Commercial Aviation CEO Paulo Cesar Silva said. “Some 60 per cent of those markets are not served nonstop, and around half of all markets served do not allow for same day return travel. Embraer E-Jets provide the capability to develop a better traffic feed system and greater network connectivity, as well as improving the quality of services on existing markets where there is not enough demand to support larger single aisle aircraft operations.”

Advertisement
Advertisement

Embraer says it has logged a global market share of 51 per cent of all orders and 62 per cent of deliveries in the 70-130-seat market category since 2004.

Fly into Spring with Australian Aviation’s latest print edition. Starting from $49.95 a year, you can read comprehensive coverage on all sectors of the industry to keep you in the loop. Get your hands on the subscription today. Subscribe now at australianaviation.com.au.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Each day, our subscribers are more informed with the right information.

SIGN UP to the Australian Aviation magazine for high-quality news and features for just $99.95 per year