The Royal Federation of Aero Clubs of Australia (RFACA) has revealed it will hold its annual training conference in the Gold Coast on 20–21 July.
This year’s speakers will include senior managers from CASA, an ATSB accident investigator and a representative from the Bureau of Meteorology.
The registration fee of $150 includes lunch and afternoon tea on both days, while dinner tickets are available from $65 per person. It will be held in the Twin Towns Conference and Function Centre in Coolangatta.
RFACA is the national body of aero clubs, flight schools and other aviation organisations and associations. Its 2021 conference will in particular focus on business issues that impact on community.
“The Federation was founded on the principle that individual clubs and flight schools all across Australia, should work together, sharing their successes and frustrations to create great aviation outcomes for every Australian,” said RFACA in a statement.
“We are seeking to extend this principle through involvement with all flight training organisations to provide a unified voice in general aviation flight training.”
The 2020 line-up includes:
- A panel of senior managers from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority to address regulatory issues affecting flight training currently and into the future;
- An accident investigator from the Australian Transport Safety Authority who has been involved in stall/spin accident investigations;
- Representatives from AirServices Australia on Airspace change and management;
- The Bureau of Meteorology on what the future holds for meteorological services;
- Information and guidance on IT systems and tools available to small and large flight schools presented by an aviation IT specialist;
- Training and Checking Captain from QantasLink discussing their perspective on flight training issues;
- Legal counsel, aviation from QBE on insurance for flight training;
- Two flight school CEO’s discussing development of aviation business in 2021 and beyond; and
- A specialist in small business safety management systems.
For more details or to register, visit www.rfaca.com.au or email [email protected]
Steer your own in-flight experience – available on print and digital Whether our classic glossy magazine in your letterbox, daily news updates in your inbox, peeling back a few layers in the podcast or our monthly current affair reports, you can count on us to keep you up to date. Sign up today for just $99.95 for more exclusive offers here. Subscribe now at australianaviation.com.au.