Phantom Media, publisher of Australian Aviation and Australian Defence Business Review, currently has a position vacant for a part-time advertising sales manager.
Across our print and digital titles comprising print magazines, websites and e-newsletters, plus trade show daily publications and iPad app publications the successful candidate will:
- Attract and retain new advertising clients;
- Maintain and develop (account manage) our extensive existing advertiser client base, ranging from multinational corporations to agencies to small businesses;
- Focus on long-term relationships and meeting client needs rather than short-term sales;
- Cross-sell across complementary titles.
The successful candidate will also:
- Be a key contributor in a small, dynamic team;
- Work to deadlines but with great autonomy;
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop relationships built on trust;
- Have a strong work ethic and a sense of fun;
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication and negotiation skills;
- Represent our company with professionalism and enthusiasm;
- Have a love of magazines and digital media.
This is a permanent part-time role – three days a week equivalent – with flexible hours. The position is based in our Manuka, Canberra office, but for the right candidate we would consider a working from home arrangement if based in Sydney or Melbourne.
There is a small amount of travel with this role to visit trade shows and clients.
Remuneration is via a base salary and commission structure.
As much as experience and past results are important, we are seeking a candidate with a positive and pro-active attitude.
To apply, please email or mail us your resume and a covering letter addressing the above selection criteria, and outlining the opportunities you see in this position.