The order avalanche for new commercial airliner orders and commitments continued on July 15, day two of the biennial Farnborough Airshow.
Airbus A320 Family
- Lessor SMBC Aviation Capital signed a firm order for five current model Airbus A320ceos, and 110 Airbus A320neo Family airliners. The order takes SMBC’s A320 backlog to 206 aircraft.
- Aircraft financier and lessor CIT Group has signed a commitment to order five Airbus A321ceos.
- Singapore-based lessor BOC Aviation has ordered seven Airbus A320neo Family and 36 Airbus A320ceo airliners.
- AirAsia X signed a Memorandum of Understand (MOU) for 50 Airbus A330-900neos. The order makes AirAsia X the first airline to order the re-engined variant of the A330 and also one of the first operators, with deliveries scheduled to commence in 2018.
- Aircraft financier and lessor CIT Group has signed a commitment to order 15 Airbus A330-900neos.
- Irish lessor Avolon has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for 15 Airbus A330neo airliners.
- Lessor Air Lease Corporation (ALC) has ordered 20 Boeing 737 MAX 8 airliners,
- Lessor Intrepid Aviation has ordered six Boeing 777-300ERs, and has taken options on an additional four Boeing 777s.
- Lessor Air Lease Corporation (ALC) has ordered six Boeing 777-300ERs.
- Lessor CIT Group has ordered 10 Boeing 787-9s.
- The Republic of Congo’s Ministry of Transport has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for three Comac ARJ21-700 regional jets.
- China’s YanShang Corporation has ordered a single corporate configured Comac ARJ21.
- China’s Nanshan Group has ordered two corporate configured Comac ARJ21s.
- UK lessor Falko Regional Aircraft has signed two Letters of Intent (LOIs) to purchase up to 24 Bombardier CS100 airliners.
- Abu Dhabi-based Falcon Aviation Services has signed a firm purchase agreement for two Bombardier CS300s.
- Latvia-based Air Baltic has been identified as having previously converted three options it was holding for Bombardier CS300s to firm orders.
- China’s Zhejiang Loong Airlines has signed a Letter of Intent to purchase 20 Bombardeier CS100s.
- Jordan’s Petra Airlines has signed a Letter Of Intent (LOI) to purchase two Bombardier CS100s and take options on two CS300s.
- Alaska Airlines regional affiliate Horizon Air has signed a firm purchase agreement for one Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprop.
- Abu Dhabi-based Falcon Aviation Services has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) for five Bombardier Q400 NextGens.
- Abu Dhabi Aviation has been identified as having placed an order for two Q400 NextGens which had been attributed to an undisclosed customer since April.
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) has signed a firm order for two additional Embraer E190s. The order was previously attributed to an undisclosed customer.
- Japan’s Fuji Dream Airlines has ordered three Embraer E175s and has taken options on an additional three E175s.
- Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) for 30 Embraer E195-E2 jets and options for a further 20 E195-E2s.
- Trans States Holdings, the parent company of Trans States Airlines, Compass Airlines and GoJet Airlines has ordered 50 Embraer E175-E2s and taken options on additional 50 aircraft.