The order avalanche for new commercial airliner orders and commitments continued on July 15, day two of the biennial Farnborough Airshow.
Airbus A320 Family
- Lessor SMBC Aviation Capital signed a firm order for five current model Airbus A320ceos, and 110 Airbus A320neo Family airliners. The order takes SMBC’s A320 backlog to 206 aircraft.
- Aircraft financier and lessor CIT Group has signed a commitment to order five Airbus A321ceos.
- Singapore-based lessor BOC Aviation has ordered seven Airbus A320neo Family and 36 Airbus A320ceo airliners.
- AirAsia X signed a Memorandum of Understand (MOU) for 50 Airbus A330-900neos. The order makes AirAsia X the first airline to order the re-engined variant of the A330 and also one of the first operators, with deliveries scheduled to commence in 2018.
- Aircraft financier and lessor CIT Group has signed a commitment to order 15 Airbus A330-900neos.
- Irish lessor Avolon has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for 15 Airbus A330neo airliners.
- Lessor Air Lease Corporation (ALC) has ordered 20 Boeing 737 MAX 8 airliners,
- Lessor Intrepid Aviation has ordered six Boeing 777-300ERs, and has taken options on an additional four Boeing 777s.
- Lessor Air Lease Corporation (ALC) has ordered six Boeing 777-300ERs.
- Lessor CIT Group has ordered 10 Boeing 787-9s.
- The Republic of Congo’s Ministry of Transport has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for three Comac ARJ21-700 regional jets.
- China’s YanShang Corporation has ordered a single corporate configured Comac ARJ21.
- China’s Nanshan Group has ordered two corporate configured Comac ARJ21s.
- UK lessor Falko Regional Aircraft has signed two Letters of Intent (LOIs) to purchase up to 24 Bombardier CS100 airliners.
- Abu Dhabi-based Falcon Aviation Services has signed a firm purchase agreement for two Bombardier CS300s.
- Latvia-based Air Baltic has been identified as having previously converted three options it was holding for Bombardier CS300s to firm orders.
- China’s Zhejiang Loong Airlines has signed a Letter of Intent to purchase 20 Bombardeier CS100s.
- Jordan’s Petra Airlines has signed a Letter Of Intent (LOI) to purchase two Bombardier CS100s and take options on two CS300s.
- Alaska Airlines regional affiliate Horizon Air has signed a firm purchase agreement for one Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprop.
- Abu Dhabi-based Falcon Aviation Services has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) for five Bombardier Q400 NextGens.
- Abu Dhabi Aviation has been identified as having placed an order for two Q400 NextGens which had been attributed to an undisclosed customer since April.
Free Aviation news, delivered to your inbox
Sign up to our Australian Aviation Express email newsletter to receive the latest in aviation.
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) has signed a firm order for two additional Embraer E190s. The order was previously attributed to an undisclosed customer.
- Japan’s Fuji Dream Airlines has ordered three Embraer E175s and has taken options on an additional three E175s.
- Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) for 30 Embraer E195-E2 jets and options for a further 20 E195-E2s.
- Trans States Holdings, the parent company of Trans States Airlines, Compass Airlines and GoJet Airlines has ordered 50 Embraer E175-E2s and taken options on additional 50 aircraft.
Start your very own aviation journey with Australian Aviation. Sign up today for as little as $49.95 and you’ll enjoy access to:
You can always rely on us to keep you in the know.
Join now and start enjoying all these benefits today.