The Ballina Aero Club will open its new clubhouse on Saturday June 7.
The new building has been completed by a volunteer group comprising club members and local businesses and sponsors who have provided time and materials.
The Aero Club amalgamated with the Ballina Ultralight Flying Club in 2003, and currently has about 40 members. The club is a social club with the members also actively involved in General Aviation as well as Light Sport activities.
The date selected for the opening coincides with the anniversary of the landfall in 1928 of Sir Charles Kingsford Smith and his crew after their flight across the Pacific, and a plaque originally dedicated in 1968 by the Ballina and District Chamber of Commerce will be rededicated at the opening.
The club committee is calling for past members of the club to attend the official opening. Please direct enquiries to club president Gary Faulks at [email protected].