Airservices Australia has announced the winners of two sets of scholarships aimed at fostering the next generation of Australian pilots.
The first, awarded in conjunction with the Australian Women Pilots’ Association, presented four winners with $6000 to subsidise the cost of obtaining a private or commercial pilot’s licences. An additional $2000 is awarded as a bonus upon achieving milestones.
The second set of winners will receive $7700 toward the cost of their pilot’s licences as part of “Learn to Fly” scholarships presented in partnership with the Royal Federation of Aero Clubs of Australia.
Recipients of the 2012 AWPA and Airservices Flight Training Scholarships are:
- Danielle Labinsky, 25, Toowoomba, QLD. Flight training at the Darling Downs Aero Club and a volunteer for Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Jessamyn Cull, 26, Carmel, WA. Flight training at the Royal Aero Club of Western Australia, Jandakot. Works with Qantas ground services, Perth
- Alice Klingberg, 22, Frewville, SA. Flight training at Forsyth Aviation, Parafield. Completed Advanced Diploma of Aviation, TAFE SA in 2011
- Tammy Augostin, 40, North Haven, SA. Flight training at Forsyth Aviation, Parafield and active airport volunteer who played a major role in organising the recent Parafield Airshow.
Recipients of 2011 Airservices Learn to Fly Scholarships are:
- Tyler Parker, Manning River Aero Club, New South Wales (general flying progress test)
- Joseph McInerney, Darling Downs Aero Club, Queensland (general flying progress test)
- Jeremy Clarke, Royal Victorian Aero Club, Victoria (commercial pilot licence)
- Josh McKeon, Darling Downs Aero Club (instructor rating)
Steer your own in-flight experience – available on print and digital Whether our classic glossy magazine in your letterbox, daily news updates in your inbox, peeling back a few layers in the podcast or our monthly current affair reports, you can count on us to keep you up to date. Sign up today for just $99.95 for more exclusive offers here. Subscribe now at australianaviation.com.au.