11 November 2020 marks the now 102nd anniversary of the Armistice that ended the First World War in 1918.
Each year, many countries observe one minute’s silence at 11am in memory of those who died or suffered in all wars and armed conflicts.
The Chief of the Defence Force, General Angus Campbell, attended the National Ceremony at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra and reflected on the significance of Remembrance Day.
“On November 11, we pause to reflect on the legacy of the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our nation,” GEN Campbell said.
“In commemorating those who have come before us, we honour their contribution to our defence force and continue to draw on their example in challenging times.”
- Gawler; Pioneer Park War Memorial, Gawler; 11am; an AP-3C Orion
- Salisbury; Salisbury War Memorial, Orange Avenue, Salisbury; 11:05am; an AP-3C Orion
- Merriwa; RAAFA Cambrai Village, 85 Hester Avenue, Merriwa; 10:45am; a Pilatus PC-21
- Kings Park; State War Memorial, Fraser Avenue, Kings Park; 11:00–11:10am; a Pilatus PC-21
- Lancelin; RSL Memorial, Gingin Road, Lancelin; 12:00pm; a Pilatus PC-21
- Wanneroo; War Memorial Gardens, Sandgate Street, Wanneroo; 11:10am; a Pilatus PC-21
- South Perth; War Memorial Gardens, Cnr Sandgate St and South Terrance; 10:50-11:05am; a Pilatus PC-21
- Fremantle; Monument Hill, Cnr Bateman & High Streets, Fremantle; 11:02am; a Pilatus PC-21
- Newcastle; Civic Park, King Street, Newcastle; 11:03am; up to two Hawk 127 jets
- Raymond Terrace; Anzac Park, Raymond Terrace; 11am; up to two Hawk 127 jets
- St Marys; War Memorial, Mamre Road, St Marys; 10:30–11:15am; one FA-18A/B Hornet
- RAAF Glenbrook; RAAF Glenbrook Knapsack Street, Glenbrook; 11:02am; one FA-18A/B Hornet
- A Royal Australian Air Force Lockheed Hudson aircraft from the Temora Heritage Flight will conduct a fly-past over Melbourne in support of Remembrance Day commemorations. The venue is the Shrine of Remembrance, Birdwood Avenue at 11am.
25% off starts now! Australian Aviation magazine Cyber Monday sale is now live. Have the very best of Australian Aviation’s annual print and digital subscription. This includes every In Focus and Behind the Lens digital magazine, special coverage, exclusive photos and editions you may have miss. Subscribe now at australianaviation.com.au.
Start your very own aviation journey with Australian Aviation. Sign up today for as little as $49.95 and you’ll enjoy access to:
You can always rely on us to keep you in the know.
Join now and start enjoying all these benefits today.